Herbie Hancock - Sextant
|KC 32212||Herbie Hancock||Sextant (LP, Album)||Columbia||KC 32212||US||1973|
|CK 64983||Herbie Hancock||Sextant (CD, Album, RE, RM)||Columbia, Legacy||CK 64983||Europe||1998|
|SOPL 190||Herbie Hancock||Sextant (LP, Album)||CBS/Sony||SOPL 190||Japan||1973|
|KC 32212, C 32212||Herbie Hancock||Sextant (LP, Album, RE, RM)||Columbia, Columbia||KC 32212, C 32212||US||Unknown|
|CK 64983||Herbie Hancock||Sextant (CD, Album, RE, RM)||Columbia, Legacy||CK 64983||Canada||1998|
- Bass Trombone, Tenor Trombone, Trombone [Alto Trombone], Cowbell – Pepo (Julian Priester)
- Congas, Bongos – Buck Clarke
- Drums – Jabali (Billy Hart)
- Electric Bass [Fender], Acoustic Bass – Mchezaji (Buster Williams)
- Electric Piano [Fender Rhodes], Clavinet [Hohner D6], Mellotron, Grand Piano [Steinway], Handclaps – Mwandishi (Herbie Hancock)
- Engineer [Re-Mix] – David Rubinson
- Engineer [Recording] – Fred Catero, Jerry Zatkin, John Vieira
- Management – Adam's Dad Management Co.
- Mixed By [Mixing On Synthesizer, Melotron] – John Vieira
- Mixed By [Special Monitor Mix] – Fundi
- Painting – Robert Springett
- Producer – David Rubinson & Friends, Inc.
- Sopranino Saxophone, Bass Clarinet, Piccolo Flute, Afoxé [Afuche] – Mwile (Benny Maupin)
- Synthesizer [ARP] – Dr. Patrick Gleeson
- Trumpet, Flugelhorn – Mganga (Dr. Eddie Henderson)
- Written-By – H. Hancock
A product of Catero Sound Company, San Francisco, California.
Recorded at Wally Heiders, San Francisco and Different Fur Trading Co., San Francisco.
All songs © 1973 Hancock Music Company BMI.
℗ 1973 CBS Inc.
Manufactured by CBS Records.
Printed in Holland.
Made in Holland.
- Matrix / Runout (Runout A etched [0 stamped]): Ste-65582-A 0 PAL 32212-1A 2
- Matrix / Runout (Runout B etched [0 stamped]): ST-65582-B 0 PBL 32212-1D SX
- Matrix / Runout (Center labels): (KC 32212)
- Rights Society: STEMRA
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – CBS Inc.
- Published By – Hancock Music Company
- Recorded At – Wally Heider Studios
- Recorded At – Different Fur Studios
- Produced For – Catero Sound Company
- Pressed By – CBS, Haarlem
Sextant is the eleventh studio album by Herbie Hancock, released in 1973 by Columbia. It is his last album with his early '70s Mwandishi-era Band. Released on March 30 1973, Sextant was Herbie Hancock's first album on Columbia Records, and the last with his Mwandishi-era group. The record was considered to be a commercial flop. All songs by Herbie Hancock. Mwandishi Herbie Hancock piano, Fender Rhodes, clavinet, Mellotron, ARP 2600, ARP Pro Soloist, Moog synthesizer. MWANDISHI Herbie Hancock - piano, Fender Rhodes, Hohner D6 Clavinet, mellotron, ARP 2600, ARP Pro Soloist, Moog. MWILE Bennie Maupin - soprano Sax, bass clarinet, piccolo, afuche, Hum-A-Zoo. Формируйте собственную коллекцию записей Herbie Hancock. Herbie Hancock. Sextant 8-Trk, Album, Quad. CAQ 32212. Продать эту версию. SOPL 190. Sextant LP, Album. in 1971. When Herbie Hancock left Warner Bros. in 1971 after releasing three musically sound but critically and commercially underappreciated albums - The Crossing, Mwandishi, and Fat Albert's Groove - he was struggling. At odds with a jazz establishment that longed for his return to his Blue Note sound and a fierce consciousness struggle with free music and the full-on embrace of electricity since his tenure with Miles Davis, Hancock was clearly looking for a voice. Songs in album Herbie Hancock - Sextant 1972. Herbie Hancock - Rain Dance. Herbie Hancock - Hidden Shadows. Herbie Hancock - Hornets. Total votes: 7. Other albums by Herbie Hancock. Jammin' With Herbie. Future Shock. Hip-Hop Jazz-Funk Fusion. Sextant is a music studio album recording by HERBIE HANCOCK Jazz RockFusionProgressive Rock released in 1973 on cd, lp, vinyl andor cassette. Herbie Hancock : Sextant,альбом, рецезия, трек-лист, mp3, тексты песен. Jazz Rock. Список групп Jazz Rock Herbie Hancock Sextant. Добавить тексты песен альбома. Добавить рецензию. Add an audio file. Herbie Hancock : Sextant. Herbie Hancock left the Miles Davis Quintet in the summer of 1968. He had recently married, and was to embark on his honeymoon in Brazil, and decided to extend his stay. Miles booked some gigs Miles worked when he wanted to, Herbie was unavailable, Chick Corea was, and lo and behold, Herbie was gigless. Perhaps it was Herbies participation in two November, 1969 sessions with Miles Davis that turned out Orange Lady and Great Expectations, and the amazing success of Miles Bitches Brew recording that challenged Herbie into taking a risk by pushing his sound a little further out. Herbie Hancock: все альбомы, включая The Essential Herbie Hancock , Triple Best Of , The Complete Blue Note Sixties Sessions и другие. 2014 Original Album Plus Bonus Tracks. Hunting Down Good Tunes. Dancing Couple. Listen free to Herbie Hancock Sextant Rain Dance, Hidden Shadows and more. 3 tracks 39:05